In 2015, the Institute of Medicine (IOM) and National Research Council (NRC) released the report, Transforming the Workforce for Children Birth to Eight. It offers recommendations for building a high-quality early childhood workforce with the knowledge, competencies, education, and support to promote children’s development and learning. This series of briefs summarizes the findings in the report. Use them to inform early childhood programs, states, institutes of higher education, and other interested stakeholders to strengthen the support they offer the early childhood workforce.
- Brief Series on the Early Childhood Workforce: Pathways to Progress
- The Science of Child Development and Learning
- Workforce Knowledge, Competencies, and Educational Practices
- Workforce Development: Higher Education and Preservice Professional Preparation
- Workforce Development: Ongoing Professional Learning